This position is not currently open, however, we are always looking for highly-qualified, career minded professionals.
Client Computing Specialist
Client Computing/computing support technicians program and test IP-based components and assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of physical security systems in a very fast-growing market. Well qualified candidates must be able to work with others or alone. The ideal candidate will have significant computing and networking experience coupled with some experience in CCTV camera systems (analog and IP), burglar alarm systems and access control systems. We offer competitive pay based upon experience and demonstrated knowledge. We offer paid vacation, paid holidays, company sponsored retirement plan and healthcare options. Non-smoking facility.
- High school diploma required / college degree preferred
- Valid Ky. driver’s license
- Must be able to drive service vehicle (van or truck) safely.
- Pass drug test/ background check
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communicator/team worker
- Working knowledge of Windows OS (required), Linux (plus)
- An in-depth understanding of networking to include; Routers, bridges, switches, TCPIP configuration, wireless, POE, diagnose connection issues, firewalls, port forwarding
- Working to expert knowledge of G-Suite platform a plus
- Working knowledge of NetSuite platform a significant plus
- Normal work hours 8-5 M-F
- Overtime as needed, weekends as needed.
- Local travel and some out-of-state travel required.
- Infrequent overnight travel required (possibly 2-3 night) for remote installations and service.
- Must be able to work until the job is done.
- Able to lift/move inventory, boxes and supplies (up to 50lbs)
- Computer Software Skills; Must be able to navigate, configure and install windows software (operating systems (Win10, Server (basic setup), Win7), add and configure disk drives, diagnose connection and performance issues.
- Computer Hardware Skills; Open, diagnose, change parts, memory, disk drive, fan
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency with power and hand tools. installation skills to include, but are not limited to; power tools, hand tools, ladders, lifts, pulling wire/cable, making video/network cable connections and with a high level of attention to detail.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to use ladders safely while working with hand tools.
- Must be able to retrieve ladder from vehicle rack and replace safely.
This position operates in a variety of customer business settings including both interior and exterior installations. This position is very active and requires driving, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing up and down ladders throughout a typical workday. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will also regularly use hand tools, drills and lifts as needed for the job. The employee must work well with limited supervision.
- Program, test, and Install Video and Access Control systems in a diverse customer market, both locally and nationally
- Support in-house field-service technicians and national service partners in diagnosing and repairing computer systems and networks
- Perform camera placement for surveillance systems, including focusing and positioning
- Plan, run, and terminate various cabling (Coax, CAT5, etc.)
- Set up, mounting, and installation of NVR and low voltage power supplies
- Problem solving including debugging and resolving low voltage electrical, cable, computer hardware and software issues
- Networking skills and knowledge
- Track and maintain control of inventory and equipment
- Submitting and maintaining timely and accurate installation, service, and inventory paperwork
- Responsible for the use of company provided vehicle and the inventory within
- Working knowledge required for the use of office email, calendars, and company provided tablet/laptop